Super Bowl Peanut Butter Cookies
I love hosting the Super Bowl party every year. A lot of planning goes into serving the perfect menu. Finger foods, main courses, drinks and of course desserts… lots of Super Bowl desserts. Most of all I love baking cookies for my guests to snack on after a great meal.
I have always been a fan of peanut butter cookies. They are delicious, nutritious and all-American. Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfect treat for the Super Bowl if only they would represent the game. So I took a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe and shaped them into little football cookies. The chocolate laces make them adorable and delicious. I hope you enjoy these Super Bowl cookies at your Super Bowl party.
Superbowl Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In KitchenAid Stand Mixer , cream together peanut butter, shortening, and sugars. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Combine flour baking soda and salt and add to the creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls with your cookie scoop. Flatten balls of dough and shape into a football shape. Roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2-inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven onto cooling racks.
- After cool pipe the football laces with Chocolate topping (recipe below).
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add powdered sugar and cocoa and whisk together. Gradually add water and vanilla until smooth.
- Put chocolate mixture into a zip lock bag and cut hole in corner.
- Pipe football laces on peanut butter cookie footballs. Chill until chocolate is set.
Share these with your football loving friends at your Super Bowl party.